HR Technology: Why a Suite is Really Sweet
When it comes to HR Technology, there are two main categories of software: suite and best-in-breed.
A suite solution is software that encompasses all of the HR processes in one system. Alternatively, the best-in-breed solution requires obtaining data from disparate systems. For example, an organization that utilizes a best-in-breed solution may have separate systems for each HR function such as Time & Attendance, Benefits, Talent Management, and more.
Today’s organizations are evolving and facing new challenges within the market. However, many continue to operate with multiple systems that reduce efficiency and overall productivity while increasing the risk of errors. With technological advances and industry research, a new breed of systems have been created that are both robust and complete or, "best-in-suite". Once organizations make the switch to best-in-suite software, the benefits realized are invaluable.
The Benefits of a Best-in-Suite Solution:
- Single Sign-on: A suite houses all of your HR processes in one system; therefore, you only have to enter one portal to have all functions of HR at your fingertips.
- Data Accessibility: With all of your HR processes held within one database, all of your data is accessible and unified in one place. This allows for robust reporting at a granular level, in real-time.
- Data Accuracy: When your data is housed in one suite, there is no longer the constant worry of losing data or entering duplicate information. With multiple best of breed solutions, data must be transferred between the systems or entered multiple times, which can lead to a countless number of issues with data consistency and integration.
- Consistent User Interface: Switching between different software with a best in breed solution can be tricky because each software has a different user experience. This means that you would need to become fluent in each different system. With one suite, the UI is consistent across all components, allowing for quick assimilation to the system.
- System Upgrades: A suite solution will update all platforms of the software at once, leading to significantly less down time. Best in breed solutions will update at different times, meaning each system will update, then need to be synchronized individually in order to ensure the versions are working together.
By utilizing best-in-suite software, your HR department can mitigate a myriad of challenges that organizations face daily with best-in-breed solutions. It’s time to make the switch to a fully unified HR system.